Paleontology
We finally made it to the Natural History Museum today. The building's beautiful, and they have a pretty terrific collection of stuff.

I'm impressed when even mineralogy and geology specimens look interesting to me. It's too bad that all the descriptions were in Italian; I might have learned something. It's ok, though, as Simeon wanted to head straight for the dinosaur bones.

One of the most humorous parts to me was after convincing S (not easily!) to pose in front of a giant sea turtle-esque skeleton, he came around and decided it was a great idea. From then on, he wanted his picture taken in front of each display. (Except the giant crabs, which I thought were pretty cool.)

We had a nice picnic lunch in the park outside the museum, complete with a terrific view of the arch below, and came home with our very own plastic Triceratops.
No comments:
Post a Comment