3.29.2006

Bitsy Bitsy

When given a choice this morning to go to a museum ("We see paintings and statues?") or the mom's group, Simeon picked "other moms and boys and girls". The weather was much better today, and the older (meaning able to walk) kids spent a half hour or so outside on the slide and even kicked a soccer ball around for awhile. At one point, S ran the entire length of the field, kicking the ball in front of him, and shot it in the net! Considering it was just last week that we convinced him that soccer balls aren't so much for throwing, but more for kicking, this was a huge accomplishment. I just wish Francois could have been there to see it.

One of the things they do is, at the end of each time they meet, everyone sits in a circle and sings. I hadn't thought about it, but I guess these children don't get to sing in English in groups otherwise. Anyway, ever since last week, S has been requesting "You sing bitsy bitsy?", meaning the itsy bitsy spider, and also about keeled over from joy when it was time to do ring around the rosy. When I asked him over lunch what his favorite part of the morning was -- playing, singing, the playground, or soccer -- he chose singing!

No comments: