Simeon:(having pulled his shirt over his head; it's now a cross between a headband and a veil and he's looking at himself in the mirror and grinning) "Look! I'm a gir-rlll!"
Mama: "You are not a girl. You're a boy."
Simeon: "Why am I a boy?"
Mama: "Because you were born that way."
Francois: (ever the scientist) "Because you have a y chromosone. In your genes."
[long pause]
Simeon: "Do girls wear jeans?"
1.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very funny! My husband would likely make a comment like that too! Our 2-year old has been giving us more "why?" questions these days and we fully anticipate some of these same type of conversations with him. Keep the great stories coming, I really enjoy your blog!
Blessings,
Heather
OK, I have to delurk after stalking you for two months (thanks to Jamie, who sent me your link). Our daughter, Ana, is 3. She tells me, every single day, that she is a boy. In fact, she is the daddy. A new daddy. MY new daddy. And, according to her, we are getting married.
But I get to wear a new dress, so that part is cool.
Anyway, she says she is a boy because she has a peanut on her booty, and that makes her a boy.
It's TOTALLY normal. Stressful when she strips off her shirt in public and staggers around the room, telling people she is a boy, but normal.
The kids are adorable, by the way.
--Jennifer (Soper)
Post a Comment