9.12.2007

we don't need no ed-u-ca-tion

Good news! Got a message yesterday that a preschool I was much more interested in than Simeon's current one had an opening in their T/Th afternoon class. He had his first day alone at the original school yesterday morning, and I wasn't very impressed with the teachers' communication or welcome (lack thereof?) with the kids. This other school that we're switching to is entering its 29th year and has a much broader staff (easier when one is sick or on vacation!) It's a farther drive; I guess anything would be farther than the 3/4 mile we were doing, but I am SO RELIEVED he'll be at what I believe is a better school for this year, and I feel incredibly lucky that the opening came up so early, before he got settled at the first place.

I asked Simeon yesterday what he thought about switching, and he was totally unshaken: "OK. That'd be fine. They have a neat playhouse at that school." Lilah, you'd be happy to know he said about a million times on the way there to check it out one last time that he wished you were with us! In any case, our first day at the new school is tomorrow afternoon. Yay for waiting lists!

No comments: