Anyway, two women were oohing and aahing and asking questions in the waiting room... they walked off saying "You'll have your work cut out for you!" to which I responded that I kind of already do? That's when a sourpuss down the way quipped, "Nope. Now's the easy time. It's when they get older and start fighting that it'll really get tough."
Wow! Somebody's got issues! What kind of thing is that to say to a sleepy worn out tired trying to hang in there new mother of twins??!!?!?!
In that light, I was really pleased (as I'm always struggling to keep my own perspective positive) by this quote in the editor's note of Cookie magazine:
...I had one fleeting encounter in particular near to my heart. I was out with my firstborn when he was just a few months old, and I struck up a conversation with another mom in a cafe. After asking me how the feeding and sleeping were going, she offered something I’ll never forget. “I have teenagers, and I swear it gets better and better all the time,” she said. “They just become these amazing people.”
That's what we're all in this for, right? Just working on helping some amazing people come into their own. Maybe the first year feels like eighteen, and maybe the fun is always changing and the challenges keep you on your toes, but as we tell Simeon countless times a day, it's "eyes on the prize" around here.


1 comment:
Don't let people like that bother you. She was probably having a bad day and wanted to share. Sometimes people should keep things to themselves.
Post a Comment