11.24.2006

it's a small world, eh?

I have a new friend from Canada (northern Ontario I think?); one of her children is in Simeon's class at school, and I meet her at the gym sometimes. She invited us to another couple's house for Thanksgiving dessert (we already had a turkey, etc. to cook), and we went and had a fabulous time. Turns out the hostess is from Memphis, she did a year of radiology training at MUSC in Charleston, and her husband is from Birmingham. They've been in Rochester for years, but it's always a joy (on both sides, I think!) to run into some southern folk. Their son did a fantastic job of entertaining S with a big collection of action figures, and a good time was had by all. Due to the nap, though, we decided to do Thanksgiving dinner at dinner time, instead of the afternoon thing, so we ended up having dessert first, socializing for a couple hours, and then rushing home to feed a tired, hungry boy -- my two days of cooking got nowhere close to the presentation it deserved! Maybe we'll clear off the table and use clean placemats for the leftovers? ;-)

No comments: