11.26.2006

finally moved in?

Our epic journey with the movers is finally over. For those of you who haven't heard me complain about it, the short version is that our driver failed to unpack 3/4 of Simeon's crib, about 6 boxes, and a few other random things. He then proceeded to admit that he had found all these things and would ship them immediately, but told us this same story for months, at one point even claiming that he had shipped them the previous week! Eventually we gave up and went to the company, who with a little difficulty gave him a lickin' and got him in shape enough to send the crib and about half of the boxes.

I was so happy at this point (maybe 2 months ago?) b/c two of those boxes had irreplaceable stuff like letters, old pictures, and Simeon's baby book. (How would I ever creep him out with the scary scull-face ultrasound picture our doc captured, if that book hadn't shown up?) In any case, I made a huge detailed list of all the things I could remember that never appeared, and asked for money to replace them. The check arrived last week -- the saga is over! Now, if only everything goes as well ?!?! when we move AGAIN next summer.

No comments: