Our snow is finally melting, thanks to a few days of rain. In the end, our cars stayed put a little over a week (!) while our street and the turn off of it were too icy or snowy for our chain-less, snow tire-less, four wheel drive-less selves. Francois and Simeon walked to the food co-op twice, and a thoughtful neighbor picked up some milk and eggs for us, so we had everything we needed and wound up with a truly restful, relaxing week. It just so happened that F had a week of vacation time from work, we never lost power, and our new furnace worked like a charm. So, we sat around a lot and played in the snow a bit, and just didn't leave the house much. It was The Perfect Storm, but in a good way!
Most of these pictures are from after the FIRST day of snow. While they don't show the extent of our crazy washington Christmas, they're still all cold and festive.


1 comment:
Sounds fun to be snowed (iced) in with everyone home. We've been home bound for 2 days since Matt has taken my SUV to work to upper Michigan. Tomorrow I'm finally venturing out again. We have had MORE snow here in December than any other month on record ever. Lovely. We had one day where some melted which is the only reason our mailbox isn't buried. I'm really trying to love this place...but I really HATE winter :). Although being inside means I've had a lot of time for reading :)
Post a Comment