9.11.2008

dear old golden rule days

After counting down for over a week to the first day of school, Simeon had a wonderful time yesterday. It was just an "orientation day" at preschool, mostly for the sake of the new students, and S's only complaint was that it was simply too short and he wasn't ready to leave. He told me on the way out that it couldn't have been an hour, because an hour is long and he was NOT at school for long. How fabulous to see so many of the same friends returning and to see his same teachers again. After living in four houses in four years, I'm thrilled to see my oldest have a little bit of continuity in his life.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! Your girls (and boy!) are all so precious! I wish I had some advice on the cup thing ... maybe try some different kinds? My girls used to love the Nuby cups with the soft spouts but now they like cups with handles so they can hold on to it and walk around with it (I let them walk around with water if they want it). They haven't had a bottle since they were 8 weeks old. I don't even think they would know what to do with it! I am so sorry about the nursing thing! I was so out of control sad when they weaned! Crying all the time ... I just couldn't explain it. I wish I could be some help there. Feel free to email me anytime for support! For small little girls or self weaners! My email is tracifwright@aol.com ... I will add your blog to my favorites!