6.15.2008

eight months (we're getting stronger...)


Francois said I should call Eloise the eight time undefeated defending champion of the Good Twin award. She is such a wonderful baby! So often during the night or early morning when I go in and feed Annamaria, Eloise is wide awake, propped up on her little arms and grinning at me. The amazing thing is, I leave the lights off and don't talk to either one -- after giving Annamaria a little milk cocktail I leave the room and shut the door and they both fall back asleep. The other morning I found out after the fact that Eloise even had a diaper full of poo and still fell back asleep on her own with no fussing. Annamaria has come a long way, though, and for a 12 pound baby does a great job falling asleep three (often four!) times a day on her own in her crib. Plus she has such a cute wrinkly-nosed grin! (Unfortunately it's not pictured here... that's Eloise who's smiling...)


For the longest time I thought our babies looked like 3 month-olds at the oldest. Lots of their clothes are still 3-6 months, and they're just so tiny. But last week in a span of a couple days, Eloise started rocking back and forth up on her hands and knees, both twins learned to sit up (at least for a little bit) unassisted, and I would swear they put on a little more weight. Now, finally, my 8 month old babies look like 6 month-olds! In a way, it's kind of nice... I don't plan on having more children, so it's good to have babyhood last a little longer with these girls.


In any case, we love love love our Annamaria and Eloise and are so happy to see them sleeping well and growing and eating more. It's hard to believe we're already 2/3 done with their first year and right on the cusp of crawling. I'm hoping to continue nursing until they reach their first birthday, but I told Francois the other night that once I wean I'd like to go spend a night by myself at a hotel. I'll sleep and sleep and sleep -- then order some room service and sleep some more. Want to know the family's response? Simeon immediately started talking about how much he wants to come to the hotel WITH me. Who would have thought that a moment alone would be so hard to come by?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fun! Thanks for the pictures! They look great and you are doing great Mom! I have to laugh at your oldest trying to weedle his way into your hotel stay already! I guess you will have to settle for your 30 seconds or so in the bathroom for your alone time for now, eh? My hubby pointed out too that in a few years the kids won't want to crash our alone times, so I guess that is a reminder to be happy they want to be with us, right? Here's to uninterruped, wonderful sleep fellow zombie mama!
Blessings,
Heather

Jenna said...

Yes, you deserve some alone time. I would hold out for a week, but a night alone sounds nice. I can't find the camera cord to hook to the computer so my blog is going to be picture-less for awhile. I didn't know it would be so chaotic trying to unpack. Both kids are sleeping so I'm going to enjoy a moment of peace before unpacking again (boo).
Miss you,
Jenna