5.12.2008

every day is mother's day

I may have mentioned this before, but one of the best things about having twins is that for the most part, no one expects me to do it all alone, and then when I do, I get lots of kudos and appreciation. Now, I'm of the camp that thinks that motherhood is just plain hard, period -- no matter how many children you have -- but I guess having TWO babies earns one a bit of a break even from the folks who expect it all from mothers of singletons. In any case, my wonderful husband made sure that yesterday was extra special.


The Cady Family Mother's Day tradition (at least on the years we're not traveling) is to take a walk or a hike and make sure we get a picture or two of me with the kid(s). Yesterday we went to Grass Lake Park, a park and nature refuge here in town that we hadn't visited before. Well, it was pretty, but unfortunately for us, it was completely stroller unfriendly! We made it less than half a mile before we had to cash in our losses and turn around. At one point, Francois referred to our little snap-n-go twin stroller as a "grocery cart" and confirmed that he had a plan how to handle things if the whole thing tipped over with the girls inside! Francois also cooked me a great breakfast (french toast and bacon) and a fabulous dinner (my favorite Bobby Flay shrimp with "green sauce" -- a toasted sesame and cilantro vinaigrette -- and some king crab legs.) YUM.


I'm so looking forward to my gift, which is a session for Simeon and the babies with a real live professional photographer. And this post wouldn't be complete without a huge thank you to my family for making every day as wonderful as possible. As Francois told his grandma just last night, he leaves one job every evening to come home to another! He's so generous and unselfish with all his help to me and I appreciate it so very much.


Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms I know and love, and Happy Birthday today to me!

5 comments:

Outdoor Images said...

Yes, everyday is mother's day! Happy Birthday, sis. Hope you are enjoying it (#32)!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday *and* Mother's Day!

How did you manage to have cute hair while hiking?

-Soper

G'ma said...

Beautiful family...love, G'ma

Jenna said...

You look fabulous! Happy belated mother's day (and birthday).
Good idea to get pictures. I'll remember that for future mom's days.

Jenna said...

You look fabulous! Happy belated mother's day (and birthday).
Good idea to get pictures. I'll remember that for future mom's days.