(I usually try a little harder for an interesting title, but am TOO TIRED to think this morning!)
Here's some updates on the girls:
At their checkup yesterday, Eloise was in the 25th percentile for height and the 10th for head circumference; she just barely made the 5th percentile for weight at 10 lbs 14 oz. Annamaria made the 10th % for length and the 5th for head circumference, but isn't on the chart yet for weight at 9 lbs 12 oz. However, our ped (who has a phd in nutrition!) isn't concerned and says their growth has been just fine.
Annamaria still has lots of constipation, gas, and general discomfort, though, which is making my life quite difficult. We filled a Rx for Zantac yesterday thinking that she may have reflux. We'll also try some diluted pear juice for the constipation (she hasn't pooped since last Thursday! Her sister, on the other hand, goes all the time -- 4/5 times a day.) It doesn't help that they got an oral rotovirus vaccine and three shots yesterday. All of that together meant that I was up at 12:30, 1:30, 3, 5, and 5:30 last night for the girls. (Oh, and 6 and 6:20 for Simeon.) Ugh. They had been making it until 5 all week, so I'm hopeful that Annamaria will poop and the shots will feel better and things might look up soon.
2.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
My question is don't all babies have gas? I have had some moms tell me if I cut out nearly everything in my diet that somehow this new "bland" millk will help with all the babies gas, problems, etc. I am skeptical that this is the answer. I can understand if your child has hives or a rash from something in the mother's milk to change your diet, but for a little gas? Anyway, I just wondered if as a mom I am supposed to eliminate all gas in my babies or if that is just a normal thing for them to have.
~Heather C.
Hope it gets better, MJ. The pear juice always worked for us, so I'll cross my fingers that it works for you too!
Post a Comment