So. 2007 saw its first above-freezing temperatures this week, an exciting occurence! It's supposed to snow again this weekend, but we're starting to see grass here and there where the old snow is melting. There's only one or two menacing-looking deadly icicles (we're talking 12-15 inches long here?) hanging by the front door, and I actually went outside and took a WALK yesterday while S was at school.
Do you remember the geese, with the honking and the poop? Even they have been gone for quite some time, and it wasn't until last week noticing a swallow fly by that I realized there's been no LIFE around recently. So much so that I was thrilled to see the geese return, even though the honking? And the poop? They've returned too. I commented to Francois that I think we'll appreciate this spring so much more than usual, and none of the migration, etc., will pass by unnoticed. In Iowa this wkd, Molly mentioned something along the same lines -- that with winters like these, spring is so much more meaningful, and in experiencing it you get your own rebirth and reawakening along with all of nature.
I guess the hardest part is not getting too excited about all of it, seeing as it's only February. Last year it snowed as late as May. We caught ourselves getting all happy and excited about the weather the other day, and although we've handled it really well thus far, I can imagine that being teased and let down several times over the next few months could be disturbing.
Anyway, for today at least, Wicked Witch, beware! Everything's melllllltiiiiiing!
2.22.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment